Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

{Motivation Monday} Save Your Halloween Candy!

If you are anything like me, you probably dread the weeks following Halloween because you have a bucket-full of candy that just seems to be calling your name all day long. It's just a little 'fun-sized' piece, it won't hurt anything, right?  Well one 'fun-sized' piece turns into four in order to create a full-sized candy bar and at some point it turns into snacking on one piece every hour throughout the day. It's the beginning of the "winter downhill slide" that starts with said Halloween candy only to be followed up a month later with Thanksgiving leftovers, then another whammy at Christmas and New Years. What's a fittie to do?

This year, I took all of my Halloween Candy and stashed it in the smallest Victoria's Secret Bag that I had laying around (I did this and then hid it in my closet so my siblings wouldn't find it... and if they did go snooping for candy, they would never in a million years touch a VS bag) and covered it with pink tissue paper. I stashed it like this so it wouldn't be laying out on my dresser for my siblings (and myself) to be tempted to sneak a piece every day. Instead of throwing it all away, I kept it as a reward for myself on treat day. Anyone who has started a weight-loss/fitness journey will tell you that treat day is imperative to staying on track with your lifestyle change. Any time I think about that candy being stashed, I use it as motivation to go fit my workout in so I can earn my candy on treat day.

How do you all reward yourselves on treat day?  What tips and tricks do you use to prevent the downhill slide in winter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment